This scholarship initiative encourages skilled and talented women who are interested in a career in financial markets to pursue post-graduate studies (master’s degree or higher), while providing them with the opportunity to get acquainted with our organization.
Up to three successful candidates will each be granted a one-time scholarship in the amount of $10,000. The selected candidates will be paired with a Senior Mentor from our Financial Markets group, ensuring a link between the recipient and National Bank throughout their studies. Recipients will also be offered internship opportunities within the organization.
The application period runs from March to May each year. We are accepting applications this year from March 1, 2016 to May 2, 2016. To be eligible for the Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- legally entitled to work in Canada;
- enrolled in, or accepted into, a full-time post-graduate program in a university in Canada approved by National Bank (successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their enrolment for the academic year);
- interested in a career in finance.
To apply during our application period, you will need to send the following information in one PDF file to WFMscholarship@nbc.ca, prior to the deadline posted on our website:
- a personal statement detailing your motivation for pursuing graduate studies related to the financial markets and your career objectives;
- a résumé;
- a letter of recommendation from a university professor or academic advisor;
- official transcripts of your academic record including class averages for the past two years;
- all documents must be grouped in one PDF file named FirstName-LastName.pdf.
Applications will be pre-screened by a committee within our Financial Markets group. A select number of candidates will be invited to participate in a phone interview and/or a formal interview.
For more information about the Program, see our FAQ page.
By submitting an application, the applicant authorizes National Bank of Canada and its respective representatives to collect, use, disclose and confirm information about the applicant, provided on the Application submitted (including references) to those who need to know such information for the purposes of administering and promoting the Program. The selection committee will use the information only for the purposes of evaluating the Application.
National Bank reserves the right to modify, amend or cancel this Program at any time without notice and to decide all questions respecting the awarding of Scholarships, and the administration of the terms and conditions of the Program.
Equal opportunity employment is an integral part of the Bank’s values and commitments.